Advertisement

Grilled and/or roasted root vegetables

topic posted Fri, October 5, 2012 - 9:25 AM by  dirk, Tagged
Share/Save/Bookmark
Also portobella mushrooms, summer and winter squash. Brush with olive oil. Grill, or I most likely roast: carrot strips, parsnip strips, cherry tomatoes, onion slices, acorn squash strips, etc. Turn once during roasting, roast until showing char marks. YUM.
Advertisement
  • Mo
    Mo
    offline 55

Re: Grilled and/or roasted root vegetables

Wed, November 7, 2012 - 9:28 AM
    My favorite fall/winter salad consists of roasted beets (roast in their skins and peel once they've cooled), goat cheese, and toasted pumpkin seeds on a bed of arugula. Yum!

Also delicious and beautiful if you live in a place where you can get good avocados in the winter (I don't anymore) is a composed salad of sliced roasted beets (red and yellow, if you can get both) and sliced avocado with a little citrus zest. It's shocking how nicely the silkiness of the beets and avocado combine.
  • Re: Grilled and/or roasted root vegetables

Sun, November 11, 2012 - 5:45 AM
    I usually will roast slices of pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and sweet potato layered alternatively in a Dutch oven with some salt, pepper and olive oil. I serve it with a sauce whipped up of Creme Fraiche Parvé, plain yoghurt, cognac, sprinkle of nutmeg, cardamon, cinnamon, ginger and honey.

Or soup! pumpkin, carrots, parsnip, potatoes sauteed with shallots and garlic, then purred in a blender with some white wine and basil, parsley, coriander salt and pepper.

or a curry stew! mushrooms, pumpkin, squash, sweet potato, yams,red potatoes,parsnip, ginger.....

Recent topics in "Healthy Food for Lazy People"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Do you eat Pork? Katrina 190 Today, 10:28 AM
younger women looking for older men serena 0 April 2, 2014
Grain Brain Meeko! 0 March 8, 2014
locust tree Hara 5 March 7, 2014