Advertisement

turkey goulash

topic posted Sat, October 27, 2012 - 10:07 PM by  Patrick
Share/Save/Bookmark
This is something from the "Body for Life" cookbook, though I think it would be very good with chunks of chicken as well, whenever we make it here ground turkey is used.

All you need is an onion, bell pepper (I feel like red are the best for it), a pound of ground turkey,a small can of tomato paste and one of the small cans of tomato sauce, egg noodles and some olive oil.

Chop the onion and bell pepper to your liking ( I love bigger chunks of onion myself) and put them in pan with maybe a tablespoon or two of olive oil and cook they are both warm and have begun to get soft. Remove them from the pan and put in a bowl to the side. Next you'll want to put a bit more olive oil into the same pan and put the turkey into it and begin to cook it, I usually do it over a medium heat. As the turkey gets started, begin a pot of water boiling, once it is boiling put the egg noodles in (however much you feel right) and cook them.
About halfway through the cooking process I will usually season the turkey using whatever I am feeling at the moment. Some of my favorites are simply some salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together, a seasoning called kick'n chicken, or even a lemon pepper mixture.
Once the turkey is finished cooking put the vegetables back into the pan, mix with the tomato paste and sauce and cook on a medium-low setting covered until the onions have become translucent.
Once everything is finished serve the noodles with the turkey/vegetable mixture over them.

I just thought this might be a good recipe to share, though sorry I am not extremely precise, but unless I am baking something I usually don't follow a recipe to the "T". But let me know how it turns out for you if you decide to try it and let me know any ideas for changing it up a bit!
posted by:
Patrick
Nevada
Advertisement

Recent topics in "Healthy Food for Lazy People"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
younger women looking for older men serena 0 April 2, 2014
Grain Brain Meeko! 0 March 8, 2014
locust tree Hara 5 March 7, 2014
Kale Meeko! 10 March 4, 2014