Advertisement

Not many posts

topic posted Thu, November 17, 2011 - 10:13 PM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark

Greetings members

I was elected as moderator of this tribe during a turbulent period and accepted the nomination and job because this tribe is important to me.

I cautioned at the time that I would moderate but not post.

Good tribes often have the asset of a moderator passionate about the subject matter and who posts in it stimulating other members to add content… while I love healthy food for lazy people, I don’t post, or have much value to add as a poster.

Given this tribe has returned to stability, but especially because the posts are few and far between, I wonder if the tribe would not benefit from a more engaging moderator on the subject matter?

Should we run an election searching for such a person who also has the standing on tribe and who moderate the tribe fairly ?

Thoughts ?

If there was a mood for re-invigoration I suggest I start an official election thread where each member gets one vote. Lets not rush but explore this idea.
posted by:
Advertisement
  • Most of the tribes I'm in seem to be facing the same "few and far between" dilemma. It's sad, there used to be so much "life" here on Tribe.net. Thank you Bloke for voicing your concerns! I'm sure everything will work out, new moderator or not... you're doing a great job!
  • I vote let's not change moderators again. Let's keep it stable a while longer, and then see what happens.

The problem with healthy food – and in a "lazy" tribe – is sometimes you don't eat healthy. Sometimes we tend more toward lazy, and we don't think that's worth posting.

If you want more activity without having much to say yourself, send us a call-out. Ask us for something.
    Favorite healthy holiday meal item? What did you have for breakfast? Now, when you say "lazy"…

Toss us something to comment on. Then we'll pick it up.
    • "Toss us something to comment on. Then we'll pick it up. "

see now that's what happened to Tribe, I'm afraid, in a nut shell.
      • Thanks Guys.

Not all tribes are dead.. some get steady posts, but I feel like something needs to happen..

I like the questions idea.. in any conversations questions are critical.. that is probably a good approach...
        • I belong to a handful of tribes that are posted on daily, but most of the tribes I belong to almost appear dead. No, I don't think we need a new moderator -- we need posters! We can't ALL lurk in the dark corners!
          • Thanks Owned...
            • Many posters who were active on this tribe were banned and too disgusted to return after the previous dictatorship. She pretty much raped and pillaged a once great tribe.
              • Be that as it may or may not be, let's focus on the future of the tribe and how we make that better than where the tribe currently is.
                • . .l o l √ Australia , huh ? 11.20.11
                  Some things just don't matter . ...like Thanksgiving . .in Australia :) We need more Canadians . C, eh ? A , eh ¿ N, eh ? etc . Rape and pillage sounds like raw parate fare to us , maties
                  . .Ya' know , and in fact , all the major food companies have E Z preparational recipies on their sites . So , for example , if you like using the Krustease product here in the U S of A . .one might find some pretty easy to prepare , nutritious and delish recipies on www.krustease.com in theory
                  Bob of www.bobsredmill.com ( an employee owned company , to boot :) puts out a dynamite product line that - e x p l o d e s - in your stomach consisting of fruits and nuts , flaxseed , Müsli , and things of that nature
                  Even the mundane www.kraft.com must have some good , tasty dinner recipies . Simply throwing a little italian spices in their cheese product dinner makes it snazzier for the kids •
                  i wouldn't go as far as www.adm.com ( Archer Daniels Midland Corporation ) though , super market to the world
                  After all , we are all part of the 99% wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/
                  h t h ∞ Dr. Dosh
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Kraft has good, delicious, easy recipes -- but I would quibble about the healthy part.
                    "Easy Food" online (never mind it was started by Martha Stewart) DOES have easy, and many times, very healthy recipes. I do subscribe to the magazine (small format so it can actually be used in the kitchen), and prepare at least several new recipes each month out of each issue.
              • I was appointed mod afte rthe previous one didnt want to do it any more.I removed 3 people after each had 3 warnings about rude name calling posts. They began because I stated that I preferred that people did nto post links. Tribe had had a period of time when links had carried viruses to some posters. Some chose to become vitriolic about it.

Others demanded I change the title and/or the focus. I refused to make any changes for a month and took a great deal of personal email abuse and pressure. Then I asked for ideas and took all ideas into account and had a three week voting period on two different sets of ideas.

In that time a few deliberately trouble causing trolls ran through tribe and tried to overrun a few tribes.. After I decided I didnt want to remain mod and asked Rhino to hold and manage an election.. those trolls found no more fun here, moved into to 2 other tribes I am aware of and ultimately didnt post much. It has been over 2 1/2 years. Every human can make healhty choices about his/her own actions and places to post.

Slander and illegal actions were reported to tribe and authorities.
  • Almost a year on and there is not much being posted...

I wonder if the tribe would not be better off with an active mod to inject some life into it ?
    • Some tribes, no matter how good, just simply run their course. I don't think this tribe is dead yet.
      • You mentioned Kraft as having a lot of recipes; have you been to the Chobani site? They have so many different healthy ones; not all are healthy, but quite a few. They also print them on the larger sizes of their yogurt. The ones I have tried thus far are good.
    • unfortunately the whack job moderator you replaced pillaged this tribe beyond repair..
      • @free: a number of us are posting regularly. i personallly don't feel "pillaged". i'm very happy to see you posting!
        • been super uber busy, hardly any time to sit down and write properly,but I am always glad to check in

" Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' ~ Churchill

And never surrender unless it is to good a meal that bring you to your knees, I say!!!
        • not really dirk,

about 1 a month on this thread in past year and not much better posting rate in other threads. that is awesome you don't feel "pillaged" but if you look at posts during that period of time where the past mod was in charge you would see many left of their own free will as well as many were banished. All formerly great contributors who have never returned. But if you are under the impression that this is a tribe that people are posting regularly to, carny on with that belief...

Recent topics in "Healthy Food for Lazy People"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Do u love night club for fun? Unsubscribed 0 August 23, 2014
funny gays Unsubscribed 0 August 21, 2014
What is the closest thing to cheese and bread? Arya 0 August 20, 2014
Sugar Azeeza 3 May 14, 2014